Ralph S. Palmer
News & Publications:
- Ralph Palmer Named Super Lawyer for 15th Consecutive Year July 28, 2014
- Ralph Palmer Named Super Lawyer and Top 100 Lawyer for 2013 July 15, 2013
- Personal Injury Attorneys of Palmer Law Firm Featured in Mpls St. Paul Magazine August 1, 2012
Ralph Palmer is a life-long resident of Roseville, Minnesota. He received his B.S. Degree in business from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1973, and his J.D. Degree from William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1977. Mr. Palmer was a solo practitioner from 1977 through 1999 when he joined the law firm of Palmer, Cody & O’Dea. Since 1984 the primary area of practice of Mr. Palmer has been personal injury and insurance issues.
Mr. Palmer has a broad background in the personal injury area. He has handled wrongful death claims, fall down cases, and liquor liability claims, with an emphasis on representing Plaintiffs in automobile/motorcycle type accidents. Since approximately 1985 he has litigated at least 50 – 100 such claims per year by way of jury trial, arbitration, or Court trial.
Mr. Palmer is licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota and Wisconsin, and is admitted to the Federal Bar for the District of Minnesota. He is a member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Wisconsin State Bar Association. He has been recognized as being a Super Lawyer from 2000 through the present time. Since 2006, Mr. Palmer was named as one of the top “40 Super Lawyers” in the State of Minnesota by Minneapolis Law & Politics magazine. Mr. Palmer also serves as an arbitrator for American Arbitration Association No-Fault Panel.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1973;
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1977.
- Minnesota Bar
- Minnesota Federal Bar
- Wisconsin Bar
Groups and Associations
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (WSBA)
Honors and Awards:
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2015
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2014
- Minnesota Top 100 Lawyers 2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2012
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2011
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2010
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2009
- Minnesota Top 40 Personal Injury Lawyers 2008
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2008
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2007
- Minnesota Top 100 Lawyers 2006
- Minnesota Top 40 Personal Injury Lawyers 2006
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2006
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2005
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2004
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2003
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2002
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2001
- Minnesota Super Lawyers 2000
- Palmer Law Firm– Founder 1977 through 2000
Ralph began his legal career by establishing a private law firm where an he emphasized trial work that involved business disputes, criminal matters and insurance disputes. Throughout his time working in civil litigation, Ralph began to focus his practice on matters that involved personal injury and insurance disputes.
- Palmer, Cody & O’Dea, LLC – Founding Partner, 2000 through 2008
- Palmer O’Dea, LLC– Founding Partner 2007 -2014
- Palmer Law Firm, LLC – Founding Partner, 2014 – Present
Ralph and Eric Palmer formed Palmer Law Firm, LLC together. Ralph represents individuals that have been injured in Minnesota and Wisconsin car accidents and other various accidents that occur within Minnesota and Wisconsin.